Team Leader (m/f) Institutional Support to the Kenyan Transport Sector
Field of activity
Institutional Support to the Kenyan Transport Sector The purpose of the contract is to provide institutional support to the relevant stakeholders in the Kenyan transport sector including but not limited to the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, Nairobi City County, Kenyan Road Authorities etc. The support will be focused on capacity building activities covering the two following broad areas :
• transport sector governance ; including asset management, public private partnerships and management information systems
• sustainable urban transport including institutional framework, public transport, network planning, traffic management ; etc.
The envisaged institutional support will be delivered through an integrated institutional capacity building programme guided by relevant national policy frameworks and priorities defined by the beneficiary institutions. The programme will include provision of long and short-term technical assistance, training, and other capacity building measures to support the development of managerial, technical, financial, procurement, legal, IT aspects in the beneficiary institutions.
As the team leader (m/f) of the project you will be responsible for planning, managing and allocating the inputs of the long-term and short-term experts. Your task is ensuring the successful implementation of all project activities in close coordination with the main beneficiary institutions. You are responsible for the achievement of clients’ objectives. You maintain managerial oversight over the projects administrative and financial processes.
Qualifications and skills :
• A university degree or equivalent in civil engineering, public management, or a relevant related discipline.
• A relevant post-graduate qualification in the road sector will be an asset.
• Proven verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
• Proven project management skills, preferably within the framework of European Union’s interventions
• Strong interpersonal skills and team-work attitude, preferably in a multicultural environment
• IT literacy (Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
General professional experience :
• Preferably 15 years of professional experience but a minimum of 8 years is required.
• Prior experience must include project planning, capacity building, supervision of change management projects and supervision of implementation and quality assurance, facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes and advisory services for governmental institutions.
• Experience in the design and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems in the Public Sector.
Specific professional experience :
• 5 years of professional experience specifically related to management of road sector projects is preferable.
• Experience in managing similar road transport sector capacity building projects in developing countries is preferable.
• At least 3 years of experience in developing countries preferably in Eastern or Southern Africa is preferable.
• International experience of technical assistance programmes and proven knowledge of EU procedures.
• Proven experience in as many as possible of the above described project components.
Assignment period 11/2016 – 06/2020
JOB-ID : 25793 email@example.com